By Richard Petersen
Your one-stop advisor to Linux--fully revised and expanded
Get in-depth insurance of all Linux positive factors, instruments, and utilities from this completely up-to-date and finished source, designed for all Linux distributions. Written through Linux specialist Richard Petersen, this booklet explains the way to get up-and-running on Linux, use the pcs and shells, deal with purposes, install servers, enforce safety features, and deal with approach and community management projects.
With complete insurance of the most recent platform, Linux: the full Reference, 6th Edition comprises information at the very diverse and well known Debian (Ubuntu) and crimson Hat/Fedora software program install and repair administration instruments utilized by such a lot distributions. it is a must-have consultant for all Linux clients.
* set up, configure, and administer any Linux distribution
* paintings with documents and folders from the BASH, TCSH, and Z shells
* Use the GNOME and KDE pcs, X home windows, and exhibit managers
* organize place of work, database, web, and multimedia applications
* safe info utilizing SELinux, netfilter, SSH, and Kerberos
* Encrypt community transmissions with GPG, LUKS, and IPsec
* install FTP, net, mail, proxy, print, information, and database servers
* Administer process assets utilizing HAL, udev, and virtualization (KVM and Xen)
* Configure and retain IPv6, DHCPv6, NIS, networking, and distant access
* entry distant records and units utilizing NFSv4, GFS, PVFS, NIS, and SAMBA