By Marie Boltz, James E. Galvin
This publication presents an summary of the demographic, medical, and psychosocial context of dementia care. With its specialize in sufferer and relations views, this ebook describes evidence-based methods in the direction of prevention, detection, and remedy of dementia that's like several different e-book. The textual content offers reminiscence clinics, care administration, home-based interventions, palliative care, relatives caregiver courses, particular to dementia care. also, the textual content examines ideas to aid transitions to acute care and long term care. The textual content additionally locations a unique emphasis on measures of caliber, cultural sensitivity, and implications for well-being care coverage.
Written by means of specialists within the box, Dementia Care: An Evidence-Based Approach is a superb source for clinicians, scholars, healthcare directors, and policymakers who objective to enhance the standard of lifetime of either the individual with dementia and their casual caregiver.
Read Online or Download Dementia Care: An Evidence-Based Approach PDF
Best geriatrics books
This e-book presents a complete and updated description of the analysis and administration of dysphagia, with specific connection with oral and pharyngeal disorder. All elements of dysphagia are coated, from anatomy and body structure to sufferer care. along descriptions of various sickness entities, signs, and remedy ways, many different proper themes are addressed, together with endoscopic and manometric features, malnutrition and dehydration, the psychiatric burden, and lines particular to pediatric and geriatric sufferers.
I first met Ernest Furchtgott twenty-five years in the past after becoming a member of the college of the varsity of Social paintings on the college of South Carolina. at the moment, Ernie chaired the dept of Psychology. within the following 3 years we collaborated with a tutorial Committee on Gerontology in conceptualizing and shaping the University's certificates of Graduate research in Gerontology software, guiding it to ultimate approval via the South Carolina fee on larger schooling.
This booklet makes a speciality of extrapyramidal signs of every kind of dementia, and addresses the problem of the factitious boundary among dementias and Parkinsonism, which characterize the 2 most typical indicators present in degenerative relevant frightened method ailments. In circulate problems in Dementias, move ailment experts from around the globe write on themes in general constrained to dementia specialists.
This cutting edge reference explores a big variety of themes linked to getting older, supplying a high-quality knowing of the importance and molecular foundation of the getting older technique and charting the process destiny study within the sector. Stresses the interaction of mitochondria, mitochondrial DNA, oxidants, and antioxidants!
- Handbook of Nutrition in the Aged, Third Edition (Modern Nutrition)
- Socioeconomic Differences in Old Age Mortality (The Springer Series on Demographic Methods and Population Analysis)
- Reichel's care of the elderly : clinical aspects of aging
- Psychology and Geriatrics: Integrated Care for an Aging Population
- La personne âgée fragile (French Edition)
- Rational Suicide in the Elderly: Clinical, Ethical, and Sociocultural Aspects
Extra info for Dementia Care: An Evidence-Based Approach
Resveretrol Resveratrol is an antioxidant that is most commonly known for being found in wine (from grapes) but it is also found in a variety of food sources like blueberries, peanuts, and cocoa powder. However, the highest concentration is specifically contained in red grapes (in their skin) and as such high in red wine. The problem with resveratrol is that the actual amount in these sources is quite low—a person would have to drink several hundred glasses of red wine in order to get the same amount that is contained in one capsule of a resveratrol supplement.
131. 132. 133. 134. 135. 136. 137. 138. 139. 140. 141. healthy older adults. J Neurosci. 2014;34(23): 7862–70. Dacks PA, Shineman DW, Fillit HM. Current evidence for the clinical use of long-chain polyunsaturated n-3 fatty acids to prevent age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease. J Nutr Health Aging. 2013;17(3):240–51. Oster T, Pillot T. Docosahexaenoic acid and synaptic protection in Alzheimer’s disease mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:791–8. Greiner RS, Moriguchi T, Hutton A, Slotnick BM, Salem Jr N.
Quinn JF, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid supplementation and cognitive decline in Alzheimer disease: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2010;304:1903–11. Mahmoudi MJ, et al. Effect of low dose omega-3 poly unsaturated fatty acids on cognitive status among older people: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2014;13(1):34. de la Torre JC. Alzheimer disease as a vascular disorder: nosological evidence. Stroke. 2002;33:1152–62. Snowdon DA, et al. Brain infarction and the clinical expression of Alzheimer disease.
- Download Inside Assisted Living: The Search for Home by J. Kevin Eckert PhD, Paula C. Carder PhD, Leslie A. Morgan PDF
- Download Being a Green Mother (Incarnations of Immortality, Book 5) by Piers Anthony PDF